5.29.2010

memorial day and some golden yellows.

we had a great weekend with some friends who drove out from seattle. took a necessary couple of days off from etsy - and decided now would be a good time for my first feature!

i love artists who find creative uses of paper, fabric, and yarn, especially in jewelry designs. so here are three of my recent beautiful etsy finds.

1. AnBlathPaipeir : yellow star flower earrings.


these gorgeous little posts are made from recycled paper, painted yellow and sealed with acrylic sealer. so intricate and tiny, i love the idea that they're made from paper you'd normally throw away.

2. LavenderField : sunny crochet earrings.


LavenderField has been one of my top favorite shops on etsy for a long time. little crocheted disk beads in beautiful colors paired with beads and chain for a completely unique piece of fiber art jewelry. i believe her shop has recently really taken off after being featured in a bunch of magazines (and rightly so!).

3. Suffix : goldenrod paper beads.


i love the neutral pattern of these glossy sealed paper beads. makes me think of early summer, like airy damask fabric curtains by an open window. according to their profile, this shop is apparently run out of a dorm room by two students at kent state in ohio - can you imagine not only fitting an etsy shop into a college schedule, but also into a tiny dorm room?

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that shop, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earrings are adorable! I like this post I Normally don't see yellow featured too often & you did a great job with it.

    Follow & Comment my blog back?
    http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. those yellow star flower earrings are stunning!! so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put yellows! Love it! Thanks for choosing my Sunny Crochet Earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just saw lavendarfield on the front page of etsy, for the first time, then popped in here to see again! funny how this kind of thing happens.
    great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for your new blog! While looking at it I said to Sean
    " I want to make a mobile too!"
    "i've got found objects that won't quit!"
    "I want to go to a creative art workshop too!"

    My new favorite source for found objects it the banks of the Duwamish River.
    I have collected 3 vintage coke bottles (bottled in WA, ID, and CA) half of a melted glass bottle and a statue of the hindu god Ganesh. There are lots of other things too but the real reason I'm down there is for work so...
    So glad to hear that you are finding an outlet for your creative energies!
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi claire!!!
    1. do you suppose it's not technically a mobile, since it is not actually mobile against the wall?
    2. jealous of your statue of ganesh. what a find!
    3. i'm so glad somebody i know might peek in and read this, i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete