6.07.2010

mango and ginger.

of all the things i did not get done this week, we did make really beautiful sushi one night. the sushi making supplies were a congratulations gift from the girl for getting into grad school.


roll #1: crab, avocado, cucumber.
roll #2: rum-soaked mango, pickled ginger, marinated tofu.


roll #3: radish, cucumber, sunflower sprouts, carrot.
roll #4: marinated tofu, shiitake mushroom, radish.

(this me, waiting so patiently.)

we also managed to get our garden planted. some beautiful zucchini sprouts on the kitchen windowsill:


more photos to come - tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, in the ground and ready to soak up some montana sun. photos credit of kerry.

3 comments:

  1. I've never had sushi...there I said it! I'd like to try it though!

    found you via etsy forums, I hope you'll come visit me too!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/2010/06/questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that!!!! It looks so yummy. Love sushi, very impressed you waited patiently :) T.

    ReplyDelete