my crafting style doesn't usually involve bright colors, but i guess it's been grey, rainy spring for too long here - here are some my newest pieces for summer.
1. cordelia cuff bracelet: four strands, tiny jewel toned faceted glass, sterling silver bar clasp. $30.
this is VERY different from anything else that i've made before. i was thinking about using these beads as a multistrand necklace, but i found this clasp sitting around unused and decided to go for it.
2. cordelia earrings: multicolored glass beads, gunmetal chain loops. $14.
a little matchy to the bracelet, but not too much - i love the look of the gunmetal with these colors.
3. penelope necklace: multicolored glass cubes, gunmetal chain. $21.
i sold the first version of this necklace to a good friend and immediately wanted to make more of them - a simple row of slightly irregular cube/rectangular beads. the colors and shapes of the beads made me think of greece and primitive art, hence the title.
4. buttons necklace: bright colored button disk shaped glass beads, wire-wrapped on gunmetal. $23.
i just think this one came out so cute. again, gunmetal against these bright colors is a nice change from the softer colors i usually work in.
5. lime necklace: bright green glass statement beads, gunmetal chain. $23.
almost gave these beads away...they are so not me. i'm glad i didn't though, the movement of this necklace is what i really love - a little bit slouchy the way you can wear it off-center, good for layering.